If you have lost your pet:
- Please file a Lost or Found report found HERE with Pet FBI. Pet FBI is a centralized database for lost and found pets. It creates the free flyers and social media links that organizations sch as Lost Dogs of Illinois, Lost Dogs of Wisconsin, etc. use. These lost pet sites nor Pet FBI charge for their services. Shortly after you submit your report with Pet FBI, you will receive an email with a flyer for your lost pet. Facebook postings with subsequent Lost Pet organizations are not automatic and will be done as soon as one of their volunteers are able to post them.
- Notify the microchip company that your pet may be registered to (if chipped) and make sure your contact information is up to date.
- Post flyers and encourage people to report sightings, but not to chase your pet as this can cause your pet to run farther and farther from home.
- Post in other local lost pet Facebook groups or pages such as Lost Pets of Lake County Illinois, Lost Cats of Illinois, etc.
- File a lost pet report with your local police department, animal control, and any other local animal shelters.