For more information on our adoption by appointment process, please visit the Adopt page of our website.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols in Place:
- Face coverings will be mandatory for everyone entering the facility. If you do not have a face covering, one can be purchased for a $1 donation at our front desk. If you are unable to wear a face covering for a medical related issue, please call 847-740-7788 ext.100 and we can discuss a modified adoption process outside the facility.
- Please sanitize your “paws” as you enter the facility. A sanitizing station has been placed by the front door.
- In order to promote social distancing, we are also operating at a limited guest capacity inside the facility. If the facility is at the maximum guest capacity, we may ask you to wait in your car until another guest leaves.
For the health and safety of our guests and staff, please be sure you are keeping yourself informed and taking necessary precautions of your own. For instance:
- If you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. please stay home and follow the precautions of the local health department.
- Practice good hand hygiene, including washing and sanitizing your hands.
- Use good cough and sneezing etiquette.
- Stay informed! Visit https://www.who.int/, https://www.cdc.gov/, and http://www.dph.illinois.gov/ for updates.
If you feel that you may have contracted, or been in contact with someone who has, or think they may have COVID-19, do not come into Save-A-Pet. You will need to contact the state and local health departments who will then direct you toward next steps.